Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Loss of Freedom

When in our relationship was it wrong for me to say no. "No I dont want to go [someplace]," is really the only time I say no. Usualy I have a good reason, but do I need one. I may just not be in the mood to anywhere. We have a super-nice house wich cost a ton, lets use it. Maby I dont like shopping, I mean we do have E-bay, and they bring it to your house. Maby we went some where for 8 (no exsageration there) hours yesterday and I want to stay home today. Maby I feel our budget is kind of tight and I want to stay home where its already paid for and does not cost extra (i.e. gas {$2.19 a gallon}, food, etc...).

What makes it bad is when I do so "no," her phsyical posture and composure changes. I ask for a reason why is it so bad to stay here and I get no reply. To any female readers here is priceless advice; not answering a question is worse then any possible answer. The guy will think its the worse possible things and go nuts. Just answer it with anything.

Secondly most guys are homebodies when they have a house. Its our castle, we want to work on it and enjoy it. If we go somewhere Tuesday, dont expect to go anywhere Wensday. If a guy has plans to goto the park and play a few hours of basketball (75% of the reason is to get into better shape for you), dont say "We have less then three hours untill we play we can drive the hour round trip get my hour hair cut and have the hour wait, it is aperfict universe correct?"

Here is how a guy thinks. "One hour round trip, with triffic we need to alot two hours minimum, hour haircut, hour wait we shoudl alot three hours 'just in-case', oh and do we have to goto the $75 parlor when the one in town is only $35 (witch really drives us nuts because we use the barbershop near work that cost $8 including a $2 tip.)"

I added my fiances "live journal" to the links, I love her but the feeling is not always mutual.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger TheRealDookie said...

Yeah....my woman and I have a lot of fights about things like that. It's weird how men and women have such different conceptions of time. For instance, she will often tell me I need to take out the garbage or do the dishes. Then I tell her I will do it later in the day, because I am currently focused on some important task. Then she will do it right away, because she feels like she has to do it on HER time, not on MY time. But, then she has to yell at me for never doing anything and being lazy. I try to tell her that just because I dont do things at the same time or at the same frequency level that she does things does not make me lazy, only different.

Men are from Mars. Women are from the 10th concentric circle of hell. Just kidding. I love my wife and your fiancee and know that we will all work through this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home